Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Strange Addiction

  Fads. They come in to style almost as quickly as they go out of style. These fads range from fashion, to electronics, to slang phrases, even just ideas. Some can be personal short-lived obsessions, others can be a global trend. Regardless, we all get caught up in the next big and best thing. Here is my list of current strange addictions. I cannot pinpoint the exact reason I absolutely adore these things, I just do. I cannot explain why I am simply unable to live without these things at the moment, I just can't.
1. Instagram and Snapchat
    Seriously. They're addicting. Like...ever tried crystal meth? If yes, then you know what I'm talking about.
2. The phrase "long hair, don't care"
    All of a sudden, I just can't seem to stop saying it. It applies to just about everything that happens in my
    life.
    >My Friend: "I'm slightly considering staying up all night to relive my childhood by watching the Rugrats
                        marathon..."
       Me: "DO IT! Long hair, don't care."
    >American Eagle Sales Clerk: "I don't know which sweater it is on the receipt...it's either the crew neck
                                                   or the scoop neck. Screw it, I'm going with scoop neck."
      Me: "Long hair, don't care."
   >My Sister: (as I make a ridiculous face snapchatting a friend) "I've never judged you so much."
     Me: "Long hair, don't care."
    See? Applies to everything. Relatable to everyone
  3. My new frother
      Now, when I make tea, I can make the milk all frothy and delicious. I used to drink tea about twice a
      day. Because of this frother...it has been increasing exponentially. I think I had five today...?
  4. Andes Mints
      They.Are.So.Good. Eat them alone? Delish. Get them as your after-meal mint at Olive Garden? Yum.
      Bake them into brownies? Have trust in me and just do it. That is an experience that really just cannot be
      described. Seriously, put half of your brownie batter in the pan, lay down a layer of Andes Mints, then
      the rest of the batter. Just do it.
  5. Scarves
      I never thought I would be one to pull of scarves. They were a knit garment I wore in the winter time
      outside when it was really cold, and that was it. Now? I wear them ALL THE TIME! Have a plain shirt
      you wanna dress up a little bit? Throw on a scarf!
  6. Henna
      To make this story make sense, we must start with the simple fact that my family means everything to me.
      So, as you can imagine, it just feels wrong when my older sister is away at college. BUT our tradition has
      become that every time she comes home, we buy a box of henna from Michael's, and she just goes to
      town on one of our body parts. I don't know if it's the henna, or just the fact that my sister is home, but I
      love it.
  We all have those fads. They come, they go. Some we look back on fondly, some we look back on and say "what was I thinking?" From Sparkly Uggs to YOLO; from Gangnam Style to mustaches, these trends are everywhere, and not one of us are completely immune to being sucked into the fun at least a little bit. Sometimes you've just gotta say "long hair, don't care".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment